How much does a Fort Collins tree service charge?
There are a few variables to consider when it comes to the cost of tree care provided by a Fort Collins or Loveland tree service:
- The presence of buildings or other structures below the tree (fences, statues, etc).
- The size of the tree.
- The condition of the tree (How safe Is it to climb? How much pruning is needed? Is it a weak tree that will take some time to move around in?
- How accessible is the tree? (front yard, back yard, etc).
- Are there obstacles on the job site that have to be moved around while dragging pruned limbs to our truck? (narrow gates, gardens, etc)
- The expert skill level of the person assigned to do the services. An ISA Certified Arborist or Tree Worker has taken extra steps to acquire expert skills and education. You can be sure that most of the time, trees pruned by a Fort Collins or Loveland tree service employing a certified professional will be done better than those who are not.
Some examples of price ranges for tree trimming or tree removal:
Proper tree trimming requires knowledge of tree biology and growth habits as well as an eye for shape and form. Arboriculture truly is both art & science.
The cost of tree removal and stump grinding is based on the degree of difficulty and size of the tree to be removed. Trees can be priced similarly even though there may be a significant size difference due to the skill needed to remove the tree safely.
Why does it seem like tree care is so expensive?
- There is a considerable amount of liability insurance mandated for this industry.
- A high degree of skill & knowledge is needed to safely remove and properly prune trees. Medium to large trees often require someone to climb the tree using ropes and safely operate a chainsaw while aloft to do a proper job.
- Knowing which branches to prune and how pruning will affect the health of the tree is not something learned in just a day or two. It takes time to become a tree care expert.
- Tree work is a physically demanding job and not everyone can handle the physical toll it takes on a person’s body.
- The equipment used for tree care is expensive to purchase and requires constant maintenance. Ropes, chainsaw chains, and hand saw blades are constantly being replaced.
- Stump removal requires a very specialized (read expensive) machine with teeth that tree services need to replace several times per year.
Things to consider when looking for a Fort Collins tree service
- Tree services are required to possess a professional license in order to operate in Fort Collins, Loveland, and Greeley. *A Licensed Arborist is different than a Certified Arborist. It is easier to obtain licensing by the city than to obtain the ISA Certification. They are not the same thing. A greater level of tree care knowledge is required*
- Ask about the skill level and professional training of the tree workers that will be performing services on your property
- Have the local sales representative explain what exactly is to be done. What percentage of branches are to be cut and why? What problems do they see that need to be corrected? Every cut on a tree should have a purpose. This will help weed out those tree services that don’t actually care about a quality job and just want to ‘cut some branches for some dollars’.
- See if they can explain what the 2/3 guideline is. If you want to know you can email me and I will explain what it is and how we apply it to proper tree trimming.
We are not a budget Fort Collins tree service and always offer a 100% Satisfaction Service Guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with our work, you don’t pay for the tree care!
You are important to us. Our business doesn’t have a single customer. We have tree care clients. We love our clients. Walmart has customers 😀
Mountview Tree Experts is a locally owned and operated tree service company dedicated to helping the residents of Fort Collins, Loveland, Windsor, and the surrounding Northern Colorado communities have beautiful, safe, healthy, and strong trees. The owner has more than 17 years of industry experience.
Our quality professional tree care services include tree pruning, tree trimming, shrub shearing, and tree removal. Professional tree planting has recently been added to our services as we have noticed an epidemic of improperly planted trees in northern Colorado. We also provide shrub care & maintenance, stump grinding & stump removal services and are experts at cleaning up storm damage. We service both residential and commercial clients.
We will also help you choose trees for your property that are suitable for our northern Colorado high desert climate.
Contact us using the Book Now button to schedule your free quote today.
Mountview Tree Experts, LLC
Address : 1281 E Magnolia St D-272 Fort Collins, Colorado 80524 United States
Phone : 9702182661
Email : info at mountviewtree.com
Hours of operation are 8-4 Monday-Friday. We are also available for a local emergency storm job. Contact us by email with questions about tree care and you will receive quality, professional advice.
Top-rated for tree service Loveland CO on Yelp