How much does a Fort Collins tree service charge?
There are a few variables to consider when it comes to the cost of tree care provided by a Fort Collins or Loveland tree service:
- The presence of buildings or other structures below the tree (fences, statues, etc).
- The size of the tree.
- The condition of the tree (How safe Is it to climb? How much pruning is required? Is it a weak tree that will take some time to move around in?
- How accessible is the tree? (front yard, back yard, etc).
- Are there obstacles that have to be moved around while dragging pruned limbs to our truck? (narrow gates, gardens, etc)
- The skill level of the person assigned to do the pruning. A Certified Arborist or Certified Tree Worker has taken extra steps to acquire high-level skills and education. You can be sure that most of the time, trees pruned by a Fort Collins or Loveland tree service employing these professionals will be done better than those who are not certified.
Some examples of price ranges for tree trimming or tree removal:
Pruning trees properly requires knowledge of tree biology and growth habits as well as an eye for shape and form. Arboriculture truly is both art & science.
The cost of tree removal is based on the degree of difficulty and size of the tree to be removed. Trees can be priced similarly even though there may be a significant size difference due to the skill required to remove the tree safely.
Why does it seem like tree care is so expensive?
- There is a considerable amount of liability insurance required for this industry.
- A high degree of skill & knowledge is required to safely remove and properly prune trees. Medium to large trees often require someone to climb the tree using ropes and safely operate a chainsaw while aloft.
- Knowing which branches to prune and how pruning will affect the health of the tree is not something learned in just a day or two.
- Tree work is physically demanding and not everyone can handle the physical toll it takes on a person’s body.
- The equipment required for tree care is expensive to purchase and maintain. Ropes, chainsaw chains, and hand saw blades are constantly being replaced.
- Stump removal requires a very specialized (read expensive) machine with teeth that need to be replaced several times per year.
Things to consider when looking for a Fort Collins tree service
- Tree services are required to be licensed in order to operate in Fort Collins, Loveland, and Greeley. *A Licensed Arborist is different than a Certified Arborist. It is easier to obtain licensing by the city than to obtain the Arborist Certification. They are not the same thing. A greater level of knowledge is required to be a Certified Arborist or Certified Tree Worker*
- Ask about the skill level and training of the tree workers that will be working on your trees
- Have the sales representative explain what exactly is to be done. What percentage of branches are to be cut and why? What problems do they see that need to be corrected? Every cut on a tree should have a purpose. This will help weed out those that just want to ‘cut some branches for some dollars’.
- See if they can explain what the 2/3 guideline is. If you want to know you can email me and I will explain what it is and how we apply it to proper tree trimming.
We are not a budget tree service and always offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with our work, you don’t pay!
Mountview Tree Experts is a locally owned and operated Fort Collins tree service dedicated to helping the residents of Fort Collins, Loveland, Windsor, and the surrounding Colorado communities have beautiful, safe, healthy and strong trees. We prune, trim, shear and remove trees & shrubs. We also provide stump grinding and removal services.
Mountview Tree Experts
Address : 1281 E Magnolia St D-272 Fort Collins, CO 80524 United States
Tel : 9702182661
Email : info at mountviewtree.com
Top-rated for tree service Loveland CO on Yelp
Serving Fort Collins, Loveland, and Windsor Colorado. Don’t settle for a budget tree service.